Monday, November 11, 2013

what to do with my time

I keep doing this thing where I write half a post then give up and don't post it. So, sorry. I think I'll have a flurry of half finished posts some day. But not today. Today I'm here to write a post start to finish.

Honestly, my real motivation for writing that is that I've done practically nothing all day. It's 6:20pm on a Monday, and all I've done is laundry and watch movies on my tablet that I've already seen. That is not a very impressive thing to do while living in Australia. I'm even gonna go far as to say it's not impressive in general. I have this dilemma where I have enough funds to live for a while, but it's diminishing, and I need a substantial amount for the festival. Also, I think the US government wants me to pay taxes on what I earned here. Part of me is tempted to start using my credit card, and just put off paying that until next year. Due to Australian taxes and super, I will be able to pay off the CC debt practically immediately if need be.
The other option is that I get a job. A lot of my attitude I think is that jobs suck, and it would be nice to not have one for longer. I've been unemployed for over a month now, and that is probably long enough. I'm at the point where due to my lack of income, I haven't even gone out and travelled! Which is one of the main reasons I quit my job in the first place! What I think I need to do is choose a place to go, spend a few bills, and be OK with it. It's just hard when I'm not sure if I be able to find a source of paychecks when I get back. What happens if I come back and can find no job whatsoever?

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Not sure exactly what I want to do, but writing about it has cleared my mind a bit. Thanks guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment